HCG Complex Review: Does It Work and What to Watch Out for? (2020 Updated)
Your body might squirm in your seat when you read “hCG”, given the bad reports this hormonal supplement has received in recent years. The official hCG, or chorionic gonadotropin, diet came with so many negative side effects that the FDA actually made using hCG illegal .
To set things straight, HCG Complex Drops don’t actually contain hCG, nor is this product part of the original hCG diet. It simply mimics the weight loss results produced by using hCG. But how?
This formula supports you as you follow the diet plan laid out by the company. You can lose weight without losing out on muscle mass or energy in the process. A successful and safe weight loss plan is possible after all, with the help of a well-reputed product.
Our drops review below breaks it all down for you.
What Is HCG Complex?
Complex Diet Drops is a dietary product produced by BioSource Labs LLC based in the United States. The facilities are FDA-approved and adhere to strict procedures when creating this specially-formulated supplement.
Unlike hCG itself, which stands for “human chorionic gonadotropin”, the HCG drops contain 24 amino acids and natural ingredients for proven success with losing weight. There’s a very high satisfaction rate among consumers, but it’s essential you stick closely to a strict diet of protein, fruits and vegetables.
HCG Drops work in conjunction with a diet plan designed by BioSource Labs LLC.
Your caloric intake is dependent on your body mass and how much weight you want to lose, with plans ranging between approximately 500 and 1,200 calories per day.
Most individuals take, on average, 30 drops per day, either 10 drops three times per day or 15 drops twice per day. The diet program takes 43 days or 63 days to complete, depending on your plan. It makes using HCG Complex Drops simple to calculate and track.
What Does HCG Complex Do?
A robust production of endogenous, or metabolic-centric, hormones is essential for fat-burning . If your metabolism is on-point, you stand a better chance at body weight loss as fat burns quicker this way. The HCG Complex Diet Drops support this process.
However, despite what many believe, a high metabolism isn’t the be-all-end-all of dieting. It’s more, well, complex than that.
The HCG Complex helps you maintain a strict calorie diet without suffering from poor energy levels or a decrease in muscle mass often associated with harsh dieting procedures. There’s no need for taking the risk of ingesting the HCG hormone, either .
This allows you to diet safely, over the course of a few weeks, and without having to undergo rigorous exercise simultaneously.
Are HCG Complex Drops Safe?
Unlike many dietary supplements on the market, there are no prevalent side effects known. HCG Complex Drops contain all-natural ingredients making it a safe product for most users. This also indicates that allergic reactions are rare.
There’s no caffeine on the ingredient list, either, which is a major win. You shouldn’t experience the jittery feeling that often accompanies diet pills.
You will need to ensure that your low-calorie diet is still rich in nutrients (think: eggs, fish, vegetables, etc.) to combat the potential consequences of consuming few calories. This can include headaches and irritability.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, we recommend avoiding these diet drops. Doctors advise that you forego strict weight loss plans during this time . Focus on your baby, first and diet later instead.
Who Is HCG Complex for?
HCG Complex is suitable for most healthy adults. Like most diet pills, the company leans its advertising towards women, but it’s definitely not limited to the female population.
There are plenty of positive reviews from male consumers, as well.
Whether you want to lose a small amount of weight, such as 10 pounds, or are looking to drop a considerable load, hCG drops could work for you.
How Does HCG Complex Work?
HCG Complex Drops contains an impressive list of 24 active ingredients. Let’s focus on the top 13:
- Chromium Picolinate
- Raspberry Ketones
- Irvingia Gabonensis (African Mango) Extract
- Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract
- Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf Extract
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed) Extract
- Fucoxanthin Extract
- Eleutherococcus Root Extract
- Capisicum Annum Extract
- Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Extract
L-Glutamine is an amino acid and one of the main components of protein. It supports muscle recovery, along with the digestive and immune systems. It’s used by vegans and vegetarians for protein supplementation. Athletes often turn to L-Glutamine for energy production .
Beta-Alanine has antioxidant properties, meaning it helps stave off the effect of free radicals on your body as you age. It also aids in muscle recovery and maintaining energy levels, critical when keeping a low-calorie diet .
Chromium Picolinate is commonly found in dietary supplements related to weight loss and type 2 Diabetes . It regulates appetite and suppresses food cravings. This, in turn, can help you manage the irritability that accompanies dieting.
GABA, or Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, is a neurotransmitter and amino acid that supports a slowing down of the central nervous system, boosting relaxation. This can help manage mood swings, like those that come with PMS, for example. It’s also used to fight high blood pressure and insomnia . The latter is common when eating few calories.
Raspberry Keytones are known for speeding up metabolism, in turn, helping you burn fat at a faster rate . Since raspberries are one of many natural antioxidants, this ingredient can also help protect the cells from the negative side effects of aging.
Irvingia Gabonensis (African Mango) Extract is a popular herbal remedy found in weight loss supplements . It supports better blood circulation, helps suppress appetite and manage cholesterol levels .
Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract comes from the mint plant and has long been used in traditional medicines to fight heart problems. This root extract may help with weight management, though findings are inconclusive .
Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf Extract has been proven effective in maintaining blood glucose levels in Diabetes patients . It can also reduce sugar cravings, which may come about when maintaining a low-calorie diet.
Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed) Extract is full of antioxidants and helps relieve stress on the body and mind. This is beneficial where dieting stresses your system. Cholesterol levels may lower with this extract, as well .
Fucoxanthin Extract comes from seaweed and is classified as a carotenoid, a pigment found in plants. Studies show that fucoxanthin can prevent the growth of fatty tissue and reduce abdominal fat in animals .
Eleutherococcus Root Extract improves energy levels, which can otherwise see a dip when keeping a strict diet. It’s often found naturally in teas and other supplements. This root may also help fight inflammation, a typical issue among obese individuals .
Capisicum Annum Extract, or red pepper, is touted as playing a role in fighting obesity and metabolic syndrome, among other conditions . It might also be used to treat chronic pain.
Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Extract is well-known in the cosmetics world, but may also help you lose weight and manage cholesterol levels. It has antibacterial properties, as well .
Other ingredients in the HCG Complex Drops include:
- Monoammonium Glycyrrhizinate
- Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract
- Panax Ginseng Extract
- Guarana Extract
- Lepidium Meyenii (Maca) Root Extract
- Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract
HCG Complex Drops Diet Plans
Unlike the HCG diet, using HCG Complex Drops is a safe alternative for losing weight. Follow one of the HCG Complex diet plans, in conjunction with the product. Your body is ready for this.
The two programs for weight loss provided by the company include a 43-day diet plan and 63-day diet plan. The phrases include:
HCG Phase One: Start HCG Complex Drops (Days 1-2 for both diet plans)
The first step to weight loss with HCG Complex drops is here.
During this phase, you’ll eat as much as you want (read: binge) to store up energy before starting the diet portion of the program.
Keep the following in mind:
- Avoid consuming drinks or food 30 minutes before, and after, you take the HCG Complex drops.
- Keep the HCG Complex drops under your tongue for 1 minute before swallowing.
- Take 10 HCG Complex drops, three times daily.
HCG Phase Two: Start the HCG Complex Diet (Days 3-21 or Days 3-42 accordingly)
You got this! It’s crucial you follow the plan laid out by the company regarding your dietary restrictions. Your caloric intake will depend on your chosen HCG Complex program ranging between 500 and 1200 calories per day.
Don’t forget, you’re still taking the HCG Complex Drops throughout this period.
Important factors include:
- Limit yourself to one snack per day
- Drink at least 2 liters of water per day
- Consume your calories over two small meals
- Eat only the foods listed on the company’s approved chart
HCG Complex Phase Three: Stabilization (Days 22-43 or Days 43-64)
You’ve arrived at the last phase of the program and the ending of your HCG Complex Drops dosage.
Even though you’re no longer consuming the HCG Complex, you’ll continue with your diet for the first three days during this period. This gives your body time to finish processing the HCG Complex Drops.
You’ll then start to slowly introduce an increase in calories until the end when you reach your chosen caloric intake post-diet.
HCG Complex Phase Four: Maintenance
This is when you get to instill some of the healthy habits you worked on during the course of your HCG Complex diet plan.
Continue making conscious choices to the best of your ability as you enjoy your lost weight.
Some tips include:
- Stick with two to three small meals per day
- Avoid eating/drinking late in the evening
- Watch your sugar intake
- Limit your snacks to once daily.
What to Expect From HCG Complex
The HCG Complex Drops are most effective when you adhere thoroughly to the phases and dietary restrictions listed by the company. Instructions on the website and in your package should be plenty sufficient throughout the process.
Don’t be surprised if your mood suffers, initially, as you adjust to the product. Since the ingredients are all-natural, it will pass and your body will bounce back. Keep a tally of your diet and weight loss as you go along for motivation. This also provides you something to look back on if you need to adjust things in the future.
When Should I Not Take HCG Complex?
Don’t take HCG Complex Drops if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding. This is a time where the baby comes first. After you’re done with these crucial periods, you may embark on the Complex Diet Drops to help you lose weight.
For those with other medical conditions, to be on the safe side, consult with a doctor first.
Vegans and vegetarians are safe with this product, as the HCG Complex drops don’t contain gelatin, unlike many other supplements on the market.
What Is the Return on Investments: Is HCG Complex Worth It?
Yes! Compared to most dietary supplements on the market, the science behind the ingredients is quite solid. Also, you aren’t paying a hefty gym fee, nor are you stuck repeating the diet again, so long as you follow it closely the first time and adopt healthy long-term habits along the way.
The company offers various packages for the product including two bottles for the price of one. You’ll need a second anyway if you embark on the 43-day plan.
The bottles also have a 3-year shelf life, in case you have to visit the HCG Complex drops again (we all make mistakes) or if you want to give one to a friend or family member.
Do HCG Complex Drops Have Money-Back Guarantee?
There is a 30-day return period, should you be unhappy with the HCG Complex product for any reason. The return guidelines are included in the package. This goes for both opened and unopened bottles, so long as you send them back during the designated time frame.
Final Word on HCG Complex
HCG Complex Drops is a suitable product for most adults looking to lose weight. The proprietary mix of ingredients within is made to balance your hormones and increase energy levels in your body as you maintain a low-calorie diet through the program.
Follow the diet and take the HCG Complex Drops accordingly.
If you’ve suffered from failed, frustrating diets that cost you bucket loads with no payoff at the end, you may want to consider these drops as a solution. You can also check out our list with best hcg drops for more options.
Don’t forget that despite the name of this product, it contains no HCG whatsoever and is not a part of the HCG diet itself. What was your experience with the product? Sharing is caring, and we want to hear.
How Fast Can You Expect to Lose Fat: Featured Customer Experience
HCG Complex works and my success story is testament to that. However, it did require some discipline and organization, which fully paid off in the end.
I wasn’t classified as “obese” when I started on these Complex diet drops, but I was overweight moreso than every before. With summer vacation coming up, I didn’t have much time to spare, so I opted for the 43 day diet plan. My goal was to lose between 15 and 20 pounds.
The 43-day plan consists of four phases including starting the HCG Complex Drops, then the low calorie diet, followed by a stabilization period and lastly, maintenance. In the beginning, I automatically noticed an energy increase, which then took a slight decline when I started the diet.
For the first few days, I was grumpy as I adjusted to the diet of meats, vegetables and fruits. After about 10 days, though, my mood and energy levels greatly increased and I had already lost 5 pounds. I continued feeling good throughout the entire time.
When all was said and done, I managed to lose around 18 pounds. Since then, I’ve managed to keep most of that off by eating a well-balanced diet and maintaining some of the principles of this one, including not eating after 7:00pm.
If you have time on your hands and are looking to lose more weight, the 43-day plan may be suitable for you. You will still follow similar guidelines and dietary restrictions, but the dieting phase will be longer.
Get the best offer
- Submitted by Nuratrim Weight Loss (not verified) on Wed, et al. “FDA Removes HCG Weight Loss Products from Market.” Women’s Health Research Institute, 11 Feb. 2015, www.womenshealth.northwestern.edu/blog/fda-removes-hcg-weight-loss-products-market.
- Stanley, Takara L, and Steven K Grinspoon. “Effects of Growth Hormone-Releasing Hormone on Visceral Fat, Metabolic, and Cardiovascular Indices in Human Studies.” Growth Hormone & IGF Research : Official Journal of the Growth Hormone Research Society and the International IGF Research Society, U.S. National Library of Medicine, Apr. 2015, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4324360/.
- LA, Butler SA; Cole. “Evidence for, and Associated Risks with, the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Supplemented Diet.” Journal of Dietary Supplements, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27010890/.
- Kapadia, Mufiza Zia, et al. “Weight Loss Instead of Weight Gain within the Guidelines in Obese Women during Pregnancy: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analyses of Maternal and Infant Outcomes.” PloS One, Public Library of Science, 21 July 2015, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4509670/.
- Coqueiro, Audrey Yule, et al. “Glutamine as an Anti-Fatigue Amino Acid in Sports Nutrition.” Nutrients, MDPI, 17 Apr. 2019, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6520936/.
- Hobson, R M, et al. “Effects of β-Alanine Supplementation on Exercise Performance: a Meta-Analysis.” Amino Acids, Springer Vienna, July 2012, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3374095/.
- Martin, Julie, et al. “Chromium Picolinate Supplementation Attenuates Body Weight Gain and Increases Insulin Sensitivity in Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes.” Diabetes Care, American Diabetes Association, 1 Aug. 2006, care.diabetesjournals.org/content/29/8/1826.
- Ngo, Dai-Hung, and Thanh Sang Vo. “An Updated Review on Pharmaceutical Properties of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid.” Molecules (Basel, Switzerland), MDPI, 24 July 2019, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6696076/.
- Zhao, Danyue, et al. “Bioavailability and Metabolism of Raspberry Ketone with Potential Implications for Obesity Prevention (OR34-05-19).” Current Developments in Nutrition, Oxford University Press, 13 June 2019, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6574855/.
- Sun, Jianghao, and Pei Chen. “Ultra High-Performance Liquid Chromatography with High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry Analysis of African Mango (Irvingia Gabonensis) Seeds, Extract, and Related Dietary Supplements.” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, U.S. National Library of Medicine, 5 Sept. 2012, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3506011/.
- “The Efficacy of Irvingia Gabonensis Supplementation in the Management of Overweight and Obesity: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials.” Taylor & Francis, www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.3109/19390211.2012.760508.
- Loftus, Hayley L, et al. “Coleus Forskohlii Extract Supplementation in Conjunction with a Hypocaloric Diet Reduces the Risk Factors of Metabolic Syndrome in Overweight and Obese Subjects: A Randomized Controlled Trial.” Nutrients, MDPI, 17 Nov. 2015, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4663611/.
- Shanmugasundaram ER;Rajeswari G;Baskaran K;Rajesh Kumar BR;Radha Shanmugasundaram K;Kizar Ahmath B; “Use of Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf Extract in the Control of Blood Glucose in Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus.” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2259216/.
- “Grape Seed Extract.” National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, www.nccih.nih.gov/health/grape-seed-extract.
- Fucoxanthin, wa.kaiserpermanente.org/kbase/topic.jhtml?docId=hn-10002445.
- Załuski, Daniel, et al. “Phytochemical Content and Pharma-Nutrition Study on Eleutherococcus Senticosus Fruits Intractum.” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, 2016, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5098108/.
- Sanati, Setareh, et al. “A Review of the Effects of Capsicum Annuum L. and Its Constituent, Capsaicin, in Metabolic Syndrome.” Iranian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, May 2018, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6000222/.
- Cottingham, J., et al. “Effectiveness of Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE®) as an Antibacterial Agent III: An In Vivo Study of Efficacy.” OUP Academic, Oxford University Press, 1 Mar. 2003, academic.oup.com/jbcr/article-abstract/24/suppl_2/S139/4734379?redirectedFrom=fulltext.